Consumers’ Right and Responsibilities
As a patient, you have the right:
- To be treated with respect and courtesy, including recognition of personal beliefs and values.
- To receive care in a setting and environment committed to patient safety.
- To privacy and confidentiality, except as required by law.
- To coordination and continuity of your health care.
- To know the identity of pharmacists, technicians and others involved in your care.
- To information presented in terms you understand, including treatment and care options.
- To be involved in decisions regarding your health care plan.
- To access healthcare records according to the Healthco Pharmacy Notice of Privacy Practices.
- To be heard if problems, complaints or grievances arise.
- To be informed of charges for services as well as payment options.
- To select who provides your pharmacy services.
As a patient, you have a responsibility:
- To provide complete medical information to your health care providers, including allergies and insurance information.
- To ask questions so that you have a clear understanding.
- To make informed decisions.
- To report any changes in your health and medications.
- To report any changes in your contact information (i.e. Address, phone number).
- To understand your health problems and to follow agreed upon plans and instructions for your care.
- To recognize the impact of your lifestyle choices on your personal health.
- To keep scheduled appointments on time, or reschedule in a timely manner.
- To respect the rights, privacy and confidentiality of other patients and healthcare personnel.
- To accept financial obligations and understand your own health insurance benefits.
- To treat Healthco Pharmacy staff with respect and courtesy.
- To inform Healthco Pharmacy 3 days in advance if you need a refill on your medications and will be picking the prescription(s) up; if you want the prescription(s) delivered, inform Healthco Pharmacy at least 5 days in advance.